Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amount of Alcohol Per Day?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Default Amount of Alcohol Per Day?

I have been drinking heavily for roughly 3 years. I currently drink about 1 fifth of Vodka per 24/36 hours. sometimes a litre...

My assmption is that this is very extreme compared to what most people have overcome. i am 33 years old, 6 feet tall and weigh about 200lbs.

I am trying to get a grasp on how extreme my problem is (you don't have to convince me that it's a problem, I know that)

I am looking for quanitites and types of alcohol that people have overcome.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

For me it was usually 4-5 beers AND a bottle of wine, or a half 26'er of rum. Went on for long time, every day. I'm 5'11, 190, so similar build. But once the first ten days went by, no issues. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up

what other people drank is irrelevant.. what are you looking for, a pissing contest to see who was the worst? you're drinking about 16 shots of vodka a day. time to give it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up

With all due respect. There's no pissing contest here. I legitimately want to know what I am in for and how extremely screwed up I am. maybe my question was a bit naive, but i truly have no reference point of what i am dealing with. please excuse my infancy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up

Hey offthesauce, my drinking was 6-10 beers 2-4 times a week, but I think I am on the low end here. I have read stories of many who drank morning and evening on these boards, and some who woke up constantly throughout the night to keep drinking. It's great that you already see you have a problem, and hopefully some of the people who have been drinking at your level can give you more of an idea of what you will go through.

I think that at your level you will experience some withdrawals. That could include shakes and sweating, and it can get dangerous. If you really feel like you are having a hard time with the quit, you should go to a doctor for help detoxing. Withdrawal is nothing to play around with.

You're not stupid to seek out advice from others who have drunk at such dangerously high levels-- actually, it's really smart. No matter what you're in for, though, you know it will be worth it to quit. I wish you all the best with it!

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 281
    Given: 10

Happy you are here, Offthesauce!

Here's an older thread where warriors weighed in with some info on the question you asked:

http://wqd.netwarriors.org/showthread.php?t=10241
    Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand, and melting like a snowflake.
    ~ Marie Beyon Ray

In loving memory of warrior JS Mouse.

Move relentlessly forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

Welcome, OfftheSauce. No question about drinking is irrelevant when it is asked with sincerity. Hope to see you stick around. 99.9% of people on this site are very supportive.

Kattarina
    Sober in 2011.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up

The reason why what other people drank is irrelevant is because there are always going to be people who drank more than you and there are always going to be people who drank less than you.. On a scale of 1 to 10 (your other question), there will always be people that have hit lower bottoms than you and always be people that aren't as bad off as you've become.. This is about you and the last thing you need is that voice in your head saying, "well maybe a 1/5th a day of vodka isn't that bad since so and so drank 2 fifths".. Or, "she said my drinking is only an 8 on a scale out of 1 to 10 so I'm still not as bad as I could be".. If you're drinking a fifth a day, then you're an alcoholic and it's going to destroy your life if it hasn't already. What other people drank is irrelevant. Focus on your problem and kick it in the balls!

Guest AnnieBodie

Quote Originally Posted by tough love View Post
    what other people drank is irrelevant.. what are you looking for, a pissing contest to see who was the worst? you're drinking about 16 shots of vodka a day. time to give it up.
    That kind of a reply is totally uncalled for, disrespectful, rude and unhelpful!. If you are one of these stupid alter egos going around like Kranky the clown, please confine your ridiculous posts to your friends, and STAY AWAY from newbies, you're doing more harm than good!

Annie
    Last edited by AnnieBodie; 03-05-2009 at 05:27 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 21

I drank about 3 or 4 nights a week, after work, and drank from 4 to 8 pints of beer. I'd say a fifth of vodka is pretty extreme.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 03-05-2009 at 07:32 AM.